Assist in the Management of Poultry
and Layer Industries with Feed Improvements and Efficiency Strategies
- Group of poultry farmers wearing protective clothing during the Feed Demonstrations, 2017
- Dr. Tom Nortey examines one of the demo birds during the last Field Day at Wenchi, 2017
- Presentation of birds by Isaac Kankam to caretakers and children at Ashan Children’s Home, 2017
- Donation of Poultry Birds to an Orphanage: Some Children from FrankMay Children’s Home, Techiman hold some of the birds presented by the AMPLIFIES Project, 2017
-A poultry bird weighs 3.8kg after 6 weeks feed demonstration on the AMPLIFIES Project, 2017
-Poultry Farmers during a feed demonstration training session by Dr. N, Nortey, 2017
Assist in the Management of Poultry and Layer Industries with Feed Improvement and Efficiency Strategies (“AMPLIFIES Ghana”) Ghana project is a five-year project being implemented by a consortium of ADRA, ASA/WISHH, and a group of Universities led by Kansas State University. AMPLIFIES Ghana is being implemented in 26 districts in the Greater Accra, Ashanti, Brong-Ahafo and Northern Regions of Ghana with funding from United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food for Progress program (FFP). The AMPLIFIES Ghana project (“AMPLIFIES”) aims to build downstream value chain capacity for Ghana’s agriculture industry, specifically strengthening market linkages for locally produced maize and soybean commodities utilized in feed and poultry production.
The objectives of AMPLIFIES are to:
- Increase agricultural productivity in the poultry value chain by increasing the quantity and lowering the cost of poultry feed through the reduction of post-harvest loss and procurement inefficiencies of primary feed ingredients;
- Increase agricultural productivity in the poultry sector by improving poultry feed quality through the improvement of feed testing capacity and the demonstration of the benefits of quality feed;
- Increase trade of eggs through awareness campaigns and the trade of commercialized poultry feed through improved distribution networks. AMPLIFIES coordinates with key donor, government, private sector and community stakeholders to increase the quantity and lower the cost of poultry feed, and feed ingredients and also collaborates with the USDA funded ACDI/VOCA led Ghana Poultry Project (GPP), with a particular emphasis on improving the poultry feed sector.