ADRA GHANA/ GLOBAL FUND PROJECT
- Group of poultry farmers wearing protective clothing during the Feed Demonstrations, 2017
- Dr. Tom Nortey examines one of the demo birds during the last Field Day at Wenchi, 2017
- Presentation of birds by Isaac Kankam to caretakers and children at Ashan Children’s Home, 2017
- Donation of Poultry Birds to an Orphanage: Some Children from FrankMay Children’s Home, Techiman hold some of the birds presented by the AMPLIFIES Project, 2017
-A poultry bird weighs 3.8kg after 6 weeks feed demonstration on the AMPLIFIES Project, 2017
-Poultry Farmers during a feed demonstration training session by Dr. N, Nortey, 2017
The project is being implemented to reduce new HIV infections. In Phase 1, ADRA worked with 7 Sub-Recipients in stigma reduction and Testing and Counseling activities. The agency as a Principal Recipient is working with two (2) Sub-Recipients during the Phase 2. The Sub-Recipients are Christian Council of Ghana (CCG) and Prolink. Christian Council of Ghana operates in five Districts in the Eastern Region. Prolink also operates in six Districts, two in each of the following regions, Greater Accra, Ashanti and Volta.
- Increase agricultural productivity in the poultry value chain by increasing the quantity and lowering the cost of poultry feed through the reduction of post-harvest loss and procurement inefficiencies of primary feed ingredients;
- Increase agricultural productivity in the poultry sector by improving poultry feed quality through the improvement of feed testing capacity and the demonstration of the benefits of quality feed;
- Increase trade of eggs through awareness campaigns and the trade of commercialized poultry feed through improved distribution networks. AMPLIFIES coordinates with key donor, government, private sector and community stakeholders to increase the quantity and lower the cost of poultry feed, and feed ingredients and also collaborates with the USDA funded ACDI/VOCA led Ghana Poultry Project (GPP), with a particular emphasis on improving the poultry feed sector.